It's not just apps anymore.
It is widely understood that one can build very small organizations that can grow exponentially in value using the Internet to scale. WhatsApp and Instagram were acquired for billion-dollar amounts with only a few employees. Uber and Airbnb built marketplaces to connect customers with service providers and assets. This yielded a huge advantage in capital efficiency and reduced the cost of growth.
However...what is not so widely appreciated is the extent to which very advanced technologies (“DeepTech”) are now widely available for little or no money, even to schoolchildren. This dramatically reduces the cost of building micro-organizations that utilize leading-edge technology. These are ventures that can transform industries and speed the post-industrial transition.
We will discuss:
- Open Source: not just software
- The growth of DeepTech availability
- The hottest new DeepTech
- DeepTech around the world
- New ventures enabled by DeepTech
- Funding new Micro-Organizations
- The impact of DeepTech on education
- DeepTech and our culture
- The Maker Movement
- Self-actualization through technology
- Obstacles to using DeepTech
Submit your own questions during the event!
Who should attend?
- Board members and senior executives
- Investors (PE, VC, CVC, LP)
- Policymakers and policy advisors